Thursday, February 23, 2012

What is this place?

First, I apologize about the title for this thing.  I was trying to think of something witty, and I even thought I had some good ones.  But then I got tired of the whole thing and just went with the most ambiguous thing that came to mind.

This is supposed to be my personal musings about movies, scores, grad school, sports, whatever.  But mostly it's about ranking movie music.

Something about me: I am currently finishing up my PhD in History.  I study rockets (not really, that's an inside joke).  Even though I am a historian, I have a methodical, almost mathematical mind.  Which leads me to the lists.  I make lists about everything.  It's a way for me to organize my thoughts, and to help think about my favorites.  I am finally making something like this so I can get all my thoughts out, and maybe, just maybe, someone else might find this interesting.  Or it may lead someone to check out some of the music and make them a movie score junky like me.

I've been listening to movie music nearly religiously since Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.  That, Batman, and Hook were some of my first loves.  My taste has changed slightly since then, but they remain still hold a special place for me.

Feel free to comment on my posts.  Feel free to give suggestions for future musings.  This is all supposed to be very organic.

A quick note about my lists: there will be inconsistancies.  I suspect that one day I will like one score better than another, and the next day it will change.  That happens.  So live with it.  These lists are all about what I think at the time.

1 comment:

  1. I too am a great maker of lists - so this is right up my alley!

    I believe we may be kindred souls! LOL!

    ReplyDelete